After decades of creating and performing music and other creative pursuits; today, my focus is on composing and recording downtempo, ambient jazz and solo guitar music.
My story in a dozen short bullet points:
- Grew up in the Minneapolis area. Lots of great music people around.
- Took up the guitar at age 15, won a scholarship to music school (North Texas State), where I played with the famed 1:00 Lab Band and guests Thad Jones & Mel Lewis, Patrick Williams, and Tony Bennett.
- Went on the road with showbusiness acts and touring Broadway shows. Led the band for a tour of “Godspell.”
- Moved to Las Vegas, where I worked with legends like Pearl Bailey, Mitzi Gaynor, Dean Martin, and more.
- Returned to Minneapolis. Worked in studios (Sound 80, Cookhouse, Creation Audio,New Life) and backed Joel Grey, Julie Andrews, “Doc” Severinson, Paul Williams,and Bob Hope. Also produced recordings for Rockie Robbins, Josh Weaver, and others.
- Featured soloist with the Minnesota Orchestra on their staging of Abba’s “Chess”.
- Performed with jazz greats Bobby Hackett, Louis Belleson, Brother Jack McDuff, Marvin Stamm, Julian Priester
- Played in touring regional rock and R&B bands: The Mystics, Class Action, and Zenner
- Composed music for film, TV and advertising, as well as an orchestral composition which was premiered by the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl
- Took a position as an audio engineer at a video production company. Advanced to Creative Director.
- Left to start “Flying Colors”—an award-winning video and event production company.
- Today, I’m back to composing, performing, and recording music.